Saturday 21 November 2015

Appreciating that family homely feeling

Since yesterday we've had my housemates mother visiting until tomorrow. Tonight my housemate made roast dinner with dessert and soup for starters with their mum. We had friends round and I relaxed.

Mothers and family can do that I guess and it's infectious when you don't feel they're judging you in some way based on how good they are for your child etc.

It makes me appreciate the feeling of being taken care of.  I miss it so much and my guardian grandparents can't make the four hour trip here and back (2 hours each way) for the day,  impossible to think they could visit for the weekend. It makes me feel so sad knowing I can't invite them over,  do family traditions,  be a family in my own home with the family I've made out of my house mates and be happy to have both for a little while.

But I felt the need to share this feeling while I have it.  It's lovely. It's a feeling I've really missed having and what I strive to achieve.  It makes a home a real home.

No comments:

Post a Comment